I must say, my body has the most active craving-station – and I am super inclined to that station, yes sir! When I got school-home from home-home from the Eater weekend (Happy Belated🐰), I came back with the flu on account of the very moody Zululand weather that weekend🙄. My gosh! Resultantly I had the hugest craving for some Creamy Potato Pap with a side of Spicy Beef Stew😍
It was blatantly obvious that I needed some yummy in my tummy, you can make some too…
- x4 peeled potatoes;
- 3 cups maize meal;
- 1tbsp butter;
- boiling water (to quater-fill your pap pot);
- a pinch of salt;
- ½ onion;
- ¼ peppers (red, yellow & green – yaaaas);
- 1tsp diced garlic
- x1 pkt stewing beef (diced);
- x1 beef stock cube;
- 1tbsp curry powder;
- 1tsp Cayenne Pepper spice;
- 2 tbsp beef soup.
Woooh guys, when the craving is calling – that’s all you hear hey! Alright let’s get cooking:
- Half your peeled potatoes and bring them to boil in your pap pot.
- Chop and dice your onion and peppers…
- In another pot cover the surface of the pot with some cooking oil, allow the oil to heat up and then sauté (fry) your onion, peppers and garlic.
- Once the vegetables feel a bit soft add the stewing beef and allow it to brown a little.
- Add your curry powder and cayenne pepper to the meat, add some water and allow the meat to cook until tender (use your fork to test this).
- Now back to your pap pot – once the potatoes are ripe, mash them in the water (use a potato masher thingy for this, I used a fork and I nearly cried!).
- Mix the mashed potato with the boiling water and add butter and salt. On the side mix your 3 cups of maize meal with 1½ cups of warm water, finally add this maize meal paste to the potato water and keep mixing until your pap forms. Mix wena!
- Alright right back to your stew, add your beef stock (we need that flavor!!) and leave to cook (add more water if needed).
- On the side mix a cup of water with some soup (powder) and add the paste to your stew. Allow stew to simmer.
Perfect! Now you are fully equipped to bust that hunger and slay that craving dragon!! DAMN!