Like always it is the ingredients that I have in my kitchen that decide what my meal is. ALWAYS. I don’t particularly enjoy grocery shopping according to a recipe I found, but when I spotted Sea Harvest’s Fish Friday I went loco 😋😋😋 I enjoyed using (and consuming) this fish, the batter on the fish was not too flour-ry yet the fish came out perfectly crispy 👌🏾
I love eating food just as much as I enjoy making it. That’s a story for another day though, today is Fish ‘n Chips day, which is by far my favourite take-out!
- x3 Potatoes
- x1 Medium sized butternut
- Uncooked fish
- Potato seasons
- 3 teaspoons of butter
- Spice for fish
- Parsley (for garnishing)
This where all the fun is had…
- Chop your potatoes and butternut. I’ve had so much fun with cutting my chips – circles, squares, rectangles, diamonds (I joke!!) Lol, this time though I cut them in the ‘traditional’ chip shape but it’s completely up to you!
2. Place your chips in an oven-safe pan or dish and season them as desired. I have used some sea salt together with a potato spice for flavour.
3. Preheat oven and let the chips bake for 25-30 minutes or until fully cooked. Keep checking the progress at 5 minute intervals and turn the veggies so everyone gets some heat!
4. In another pan butter the surface (with actual butter) and lay your fresh fish, with some seasoning of course! I used battered fish, but you can use any fish you want!!
5. Grill your fish for 35 minutes (or until fully cooked);
6. Ready? Set… GO!! Enjoy the work of your hands with a refreshing drink 🍽️