To be or not to be? Should we trust an online store with our banking details 😣? Many have found online shopping to be so convenient, yet we can’t overlook the many online-money fraud stories we have also heard.
With so many of our trusted department stores, such as Mr. Price, Pick ‘n Pay and Checkers, heading the online shop route – could this be an indication that ALL shopping will be done online soon? Well in that case let us learn more about this movement before we find ourselves left behind (that ain’t kosher 👎🏾)
We did some looking around and found some great Online Shopping Tips from staysafeonline.org:
- Conduct research: When using a new website for purchases, read reviews and see if other consumers have had a positive or negative experience with the site.
- When in doubt, throw it out: Links in emails, posts and texts are often the ways cybercriminals try to steal your information or infect your devices.
- Personal information is like money: value it and protect it: When making a purchase online, be alert to the kinds of information being collected to complete the transaction. Make sure you think it is necessary for the vendor to request that information. Remember, you only need to fill out required fields at checkout.
- Use safe payment options: Credit cards are generally the safest option because they allow buyers to seek a credit from the issuer if the product isn’t delivered or isn’t what was ordered.
- Don’t be disappointed: Read return and other polices so you know what to expect if the purchase doesn’t go as planned.
- Protect your money💰: When shopping, check to be sure the site is security enabled. Look for web addresses with https:// indicating extra measures to help secure your information.
Remember if you’re scared of it you probably don’t know much about it, so let’s read more to learn more!