This week I attended the sister church in Durban for the first time as an official #Durbanite!!! !! Same sermon, different notes – the Word was enlightned in a brand new way!
Offering Message by Bab Soji
“The Art of Receiving”
– Ephesians 3:20
3All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.
– Job 36:11-12
– You don’t give in order to gain something.
– Obedience will always trigger a harvest.
There are tw ways of receiving from God
– Receiving is based on the principle of sowing and reaping.
– Genesis 26:12
When Isaac planted his crops that year, he harvested a hundred times more grain than he planted, for the lordblessed him.
– What you sow is what you’ll reap.
– Your seed speaks on your behalf
Word by Pastor Mpungose
“Hunger for MORE”
– Ephesians 3:20
Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.
– Psalms 42:1-2
– Duetoronomy 1:6-8
– Man has the tendency to camp for too long at a stage that was meant to be temporal.
-A new year speaks of the principle of progression, moving on, writing the next chapter in the book of life
– The principle of progression means moving forward not because of choice, but because you need to move in order to fulfill the purpose.
– Success is a killer of a person being hungry for more.
– “It’s easy to stay in failure, success demands.” – Bishop Mosa Sono
– Hunger, an appetite and our faith for more sustains success.
– Our greatest problem isn’t failure, but rather the way we handle success.
– The best way to handle success is by having a spirit of thanksgiving.
– People often use success to relax.
– Pride brings about a spirit of complacency and further then totally kills any hunger for more.
– What God has brought you through and has accomplished years before should have us certain that He is able to do so much MORE!!!
– This hunger feeds the spirit of faith.
– Many people die celebrating their first achievement.
– After David fights and defects a bear, without celebrating too long or boasting about it he fights and defeats a lion, all in preparation for him defeating Goliath.
– That was not the end of his journey, he further then is faced with Saul.
– In all the fights David learnt a different method to defeat Saul.
– Previously King David fought physically and aggressively when he fought Saul he used love.
– Let us become stickers like Ruth, let our hunger make us stick to something so we can see how much more God can do in and through it!!!
Please note that all CFCI sermons CDs are available from your nearest CFCI Office! Let’s get churching!!!